Sunday, July 7, 2013

Worth Reading

If you missed the Leonard Pitts column in Sunday's Houston Chronicle, you should take a look.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/07/06/3483892/leonard-pitts-a-universal-explanation.html#storylink=cpy

Here's one of my favorite lines:

“Finding is important,” said God. “But seeking is important, too. Seeking teaches patience, opens your mind, shows you your own limitations. That’s where wisdom begins.”

(Perhaps I should mention that the Seekers group meets on Wednesday evenings. Contact Sylvia for more information.)

This part made me giggle:

The kid behind the counter handed the water bottle to God, who handed it to me.
“Don’t forget to recycle,” He said. “My oceans are not garbage dumps.”

Did you look? What do you think? Leave a comment!

---Julia

4 comments:

  1. I love your quotation about seeking. Maybe we should make it our motto for Seekers!
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christianity should be a journey, a process.
    It reminds me of the opening scene from
    Edward Scissorhands. He squeaks,"I'm not finished yet."
    I think that all of us are not finished yet.

    Keep seeking.

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grew up in an area that firmly believed that the Bible should be taken literally. As a "Thinking" young adult, I dropped out of church. I believed that I could be spiritual without attending church. But something was missing in my spiritual quest. I attended service at FCC and through the Service, Fellowship, and Christian education classes .. I realized that God is still speaking past when the Bible was used as a tool to manipulate us

    ReplyDelete